It would be pretty easy to collect the other 657 cards in the set and not have to spend too much. The trick, I think, is not to overpay on Aaron, Brett and Yount. Of course, if you were in to PSA 10s and all that crap, you'd need to spend a pretty penny on the crown jewels. I'm not about that. My '75 set is in a binder, and, unlike my modern-day sets, I like this one having a bit of character. No creases, thanks, but I don't mind the rounded corner or bubble-gum stain here and there, and many of the checklists I got so far have been marked.
So with that in mind, I'm happy to reveal the first crown jewel that I have acquired - Card #223, Robin Yount:
Special shout-out to Larry Yount in the trivia question, and I love the throw-away line at the end of the blurb: "He's popular with fans." As we all know, that turned out to be quite the understatement.

0 Comments