Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sunday, it's a day of rest isn't it? Also, what breed of bird is this?

I will admit it was a day of sort of rest for us. Ever had one of those days when you think I just can't be bothered? Well Sunday was one of those days for us. Not that we didn't do anything, far from it, but we have a list of jobs a mile long and didn't tackle anything on it.

Now to be fair I don't think the weather helped, as it was so cold and the wind was blowing a gale force again. I hung my washing out and even with the extra pegs I put in, I was still keeping an eye on it, as I thought it may blow off the line.

We went out in the afternoon to Home Depot, and I picked up an apple tree, Golden Delicious and one of those three types of pears on one tree, pear tree. Its a start on what I hope to have one day, a large fruit orchard.

I also picked up one little tomato plant for myself, as I am the only one in the house who likes tomatoes, so I don't need to plant a whole slew of them. I figure if I can get half a dozen tomatoes off it, it has paid for itself.

The only problem being now, its so cold that there is no way I can put any of these out for a few days due to the risk of frost. We had our heating on all day on Sunday as it was that cold. Mind you it's always the same on Victoria Weekend, I don't remember a Victoria holiday weekend when the weather was actually nice and warm? One thing I do know for certain.....it won't be long before I am complaining about how hot and humid it is!!

While I was out in the garden taking a couple of photos for Today's Flower, this bird flew by and it's bright colour caught my eye. It's not the best of photos, but does anyone know what sort of bird it is?

Post a Comment

0 Comments