No. Way.
Could we?
Not now...just started a new practice, new schools etc.
Is it wanderlust?
Sometimes I get this overwhelming desire for us all to just pack up and move somewhere completely different {it usually involves a villa in Italy or France - big surprise.}.
The thought of relying on each other for companionship, conversation and setting our own routine in a foreign setting {I've got a movie-style montage in my head of children running through acres of French countryside, visiting growers markets and playing boules in a pebbled courtyard} is so appealing.
Even if just for one year.
Would the kids look back and think "That was the most amazing year of our childhood and we'll be forever grateful".?
Of course, this is complete nonsense.
The reality would be messy, inconvenient and quite possibly very isolating.
Plus, I suck at tying scarves.
The kids would most likely say to us "What the hell were you thinking dragging us all over to a foreign country and away from our family and friends? Weirdos! Buy a croissant and get over it!"
But maybe it could work? {She asks timidly}
But how could we afford it? {We couldn't}
And what would be the long term ramifications of such folly? {Financial ruin}
Thanks.
I feel much better now that I've talked this through.
I might just stick to living vicariously through these:
This A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. blog and incredible house where they are living for only $2000/month! In Sydney, this would get you a 1970's apartment with yellow formica kitchen and orange carpet. If you were lucky!
Beautiful book {currently on wish list for Christmas} by an Australian family. Apparently, quite warts and all and I'm hoping it will ultimately put to rest my ridiculous fantasies. {click}
Another account of an Australian family in France. I've had this book for a while, perhaps time to revisit it. Definitely in the fantasy pile.....
Of course, then there's our beloved Vicki Archer at French Essence who is a daily inspiration and Ange at Signed by Ange who is pure delight.
Really, I need never leave home.
I think some pain au chocolat is on the menu for breakfast today.
Meredy xo


0 Comments