Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Newsprint Sketches

Safari Sam (above)


I think I have said it before but I'll say it again, I love drawing on smooth newsprint with a Design Ebony Pencil or black Prismacolor. I wish I could experience the same kind of freedom by drawing in my sketchbook but I can't. When I am drawing on newsprint, I have the most fun.

Here are a couple of sketches I did last night. The first one is Safari Sam. His image just popped in my head and this is my first drawing of him. I was very pleased with the way it turned out and I have some ideas on doing something further with this guy.

The second image is called "Walter & his cat". I was on Flickr drawing animals, and I did a search for cats. When I saw this image I couldn't believe it. You absolutely have to go and look at the reference picture that I drew this from, it is hilarious.

Post a Comment

0 Comments