Yep, I'm 60, no idea how that happened, lol
I've been treated to lots of goodies including some Pandora gifts from the girls and Mark gave me the money to buy a light for my Lowery stand :-)
The lovely Jo gifted me the Bird Street Yarn, chocolate and those cute little bath truffles, they smell amazing! Thank you Jo. x
The two items below were from my sister.
I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea but I love them!
When we were clearing out Mum's house, me and my sister had gone into town to see if the charity shops were taking donations, (as there was a threat of another lockdown a lot of charity shops weren't taking donations). We walked into one and these were just sitting on the shelf, it was truly serendipity!
Mum had a cheese dish in the same design which was my granny's, (Jenny, my eldest daughter now has that) but, we had been talking about how granny had a biscuit barrel to match and no one knew what had happened to it , and the next day we walk into the shop and here is the biscuit barrel I remember sitting in my granny's china cabinet, well I just had to have it, and the butter dish had to come home with me too because it is just so cute!
My sister said If I wanted them she would get them as part of my birthday present, of course I said yes please :-)
Like I say, they probably don't appeal to a lot of people but they remind me of my granny and my mum too now, who I think guided me to that shop that day.
I have my granny's china cabinet and they will eventually live in there but, for the moment they are on my kitchen window where I can admire them
One last special gift.
With so many birthday's in December my mum had already put out all the money for them, so this is my last present from Mum. I have no idea what I will buy yet but I will put the money towards something special.
I also got a cold for my birthday :-(
I felt like I was coming down with it when I got up in the morning, we don't think of a common cold anymore though do we? But I tested twice yesterday and this morning and It is a cold.
Everyone came round at lunch time to partake of sandwiches and cake but by the time they went I was feeling quite rough. I was in bed at 8.30pm and had a lie in this morning. I feel a lot better now,
I did test again this morning, (still negative). I just think with everything that's been going on, together with late nights and early mornings I've probably been doing too much.
This afternoon though I'm putting my feet up, watching a film and stitching!
Hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas
-X=
0 Comments