.
.
.
.
Full Moon - March 1st - Autumn
.
Oh too sad.. it is the first day of Autumn here in Australia and Mother Nature has flicked the switch on summer! Yes that program has finished.. change the channel! I woke this morning to a rainy cold day! A good ten degrees/c cooler than yesterday!! I quite like the soft rainy days. Even a good storm lifts my spirits. All perfect for relaxing and snoozing, but I'm not ready to give up summer yet.
.
The rain may have been brought by the Tsunami Warnings we had yesterday [arising from the sad and devastating earthquake in Chile]. Mind you i slept through it all and didn't realise until Dzintra emailed me. Looking back every full moon in recent months La Bella Luna has brought with her stormy skies, high tides and a bevy of emotions to toy with us humans. Our summer days have been yo-yo-ing between absolute stinkers then quick drops in temp, so maybe she has a bit more left in her.. I sincerely hope so!!
.
Now some of you may wonder what happened to the February Full Moon. Well here in Australia.. there wasn't one. I guess we overindulged with two full moons in January!!! So .. fast forward to March.. and no sign of her lovely face, once again hiding behind the clouds
.
She did however put on her best performance all this past week. Glowing brighter than usual high in the northern skies, she left a tangible presence, playing shadows with the trees and shining a brilliant amber hue as she made her descent towards our friends in the west.
.
My Bella Luna photos today were taken last month. As she seems to be in an intimate two step with the sea at present, I thought I'd show you some of those photos also.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Moon Notes:
The March Full Moon is also known as Windy Moon, Sleepy Moon and Fish Moon.
The Moon was full 1st March 2:38am Sydney Time. The Moon is in the sign of Virgo!!
.
.
Before I go.. Congratulations to my Canadian friends on your Ice Hockey win!
.
And thank you one and all for your lovely comments and friendship
The world is a little brighter with a blog!
.
.
.
.
.
0 Comments