But yesterday, while I was waiting around for the carpets in my home to be shampooed (something I probably don’t schedule frequently enough), I decided to do some thorough cleaning of my own here at The Rap Sheet. I went through the lengthy list of Web links in this page’s right-hand column, checking for broken connections or site name changes. In the course of that, I found a handful of blogs that appear, sadly, to have disappeared (Mister 8, Murder, Mystery & Mayhem, and Shred of Evidence), plus a larger variety that have gone unattended long enough for me to think them abandoned.
Here are the blogs that seem to have been left derelict:
• Booknoir
• Petrona*
Rather than delete these altogether from The Rap Sheet’s links collection, I have relocated them to the blog’s separate page of Archive Sites. They will stay there, unless/until I discover that their authors have started updating the pages once more.
There was also a smaller quantity of sites I know aren’t traditionally very active, but that even by that forgiving standard have looked pretty darn uncared-for longer than I would expect. I’ll keep watch on these over the next few months, and if they finally appear dead, I shall move them to the Archive Sites page or delete them:
• Writ
Should you, dear reader, happen to be the manager of any of the blogs mentioned above, I hope you’ll let me know whether you intend to reinvigorate your site; if so, I shall move it back onto The Rap Sheet’s active list. Drop me a line in the Comments section of this post, or else send me an e-mail note here.
* The inactivity here is understandable: blogger Maxine Clarke died last December.
0 Comments