Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It just makes me want to cry.

Just when I had reconciled myself to no wheat products - no bread, no good pasta, no pies or cakes - I discover Pie Squared.  This is a little bake shop that I pass by twice a day going to/coming from work.  This was the place that I called to order our Easter pecan pie.

Clever name and logo, don't you think?
I picked it up last night on my way home - it weighed a ton!  But I didn't even peek.  Until this morning.  {sob}:

The official weight of this delectable chunk of goodness is 4.67 lbs!  There must be over two inches of filling!  The crust looks sooooo flaky and wonderful.  I guess I will just have to buck-up and eat the filling and not the crust.  Such a sacrifice, I tell you.

Last night I hard boiled the eggs (only time will tell if they are eggs/from/hell or not) and made the dyes:  red/beets, yellow/turmeric and blue/red cabbage.  This morning I dyed them and I am pretty happy with how they turned out.  There were a few clinkers, but for the most part they are pretty.


Now all that's left is the gargantuan ham.  I figure it will take six hours.  Good thing I get up at the crap of dawn, isn't it?

Wishing all of you and yours a very happy holiday weekend!

Post a Comment

0 Comments