Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dungeons & Dragons T.V Show?

No, not again!

Today I read that Hasbro was giving D&D another shot at mainstream media with a t.v show. One written by John Wick creator Derek Kolstad. With Kolstad I'm cautiously optimistic that it might not be a complete cringe-fest. I wanted to do a quick write-up on what I do and do not want to see from a official D&D movie. 

Do Want:

  • Extremely violent; limbs getting hacked off, lots of blood, and sword clashes. Death. 
  • A switch between the IRL players and their characters. The player's lives should affect the campaign in some way and vice versa. See The Gamers: Dorkness Rising for how this is done. 
  • Lessons learned from the game should help the players in IRL, build confidence for example. Guess this is kinda the same as the above. Whatever. 
  • The DM has a sweet homebrew world, or uses an old setting like Greyhawk or Mystara. 
  • No miniatures please, theater of the mind only. Or miniatures used for combat only. 
  • An actual Dungeon. And Dragon(s).
  • Some darker horror tones every now and then.
  • Some unique ideas.

Don't Want:

  • Forgotten Realms or 5e. PLEASE. (I know this isn't gonna happen)
  • No kids, teenagers would be fine I guess.
  • An actual generic fantasy plot with no mention of players or the actual D&D game. Like the old 2000 movie
  • PG Violence.
  • Weird monster races as PCs or main characters. Like a lame Critical Role knock off.
  • Mainstream actors. I'll allow a single cool cameo with Keanu Reeves, maybe. 
  • Boring rehashed ideas. 

That's all for now. What would you want to see (or not) in a D&D show? Let me know in the comments. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments