Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Developing A Food Culture In A Changing World

I am currently reading a book, Honeycomb Kids, that pretty much sums up all my thoughts on our childrens' future and what we, as parents, should be doing to ensure our children are able to face a changing world. It is well worth reading as I feel that our children will be more scared facing a future they feel they are unprepared to confront. Many people tell me that it is being depressing and gloomy to talk about such topics but I feel it is the exact opposite. If we feel prepared, we can face the future with confidence.




Food is an important part of the planning and preparing puzzle, if not the most important. So I have been reading lots of books on real foods, wholefoods, etc. But many of these books rely on foods that simply will not be available to us in a locally produced food system. Such as coconut oil, which most healthy recipe books use substantially in recipes.


So one of my plans for 2017 is to begin a recipe collection in which all the recipes use produce that I can grow myself or is currently locally available.
I would be interested to hear your thoughts and any recipe/substitution ideas.





Post a Comment

0 Comments